Who may or may not be partner
Any person who is competent to contract under section 11 of the Contract Act, 1872 may be a partner in any partnership. Some special situations are discussed hereunder:
1. Married woman belonging to any community can be a partner in a firm by entering into a contract of partnership.
2. Alien friend can be a partner in a firm.
3. Corporation or a company registered under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 can enter into a contract of partnership as a single individual as it is an artificial person created by law.
4. Person of unsound mind cannot be partner as he is incompetent to enter into a contract under the Contract Act.
5. Minor cannot be a partner in a firm as he is incompetent to contract. However with the consent of all the partners he may be admitted to the benefit of partnership.
6. Alien enemy cannot enter into a contract of partnership with a Pakistani subject.