Q-21. What is the step by step installation procedure of windows?
Ans. STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION:
Windows installation is an easy step by step procedure,
- Run a up to date virus scanning program.
- Copy the entire Wind 98 folder from the CD-Rom to a folder on your hard drive.
- Name the folder Wind 98 Inst, for Windows 98 source.
- Restart your machine using either the bootable CD-Rom.
- At the DOS prompt, change to your source directory, type CD Win98 Inst and press ENTER key.
- Type setup and press Enter key.
- When setup starts, it will run scan disk program to check your hard drive. When finishes, press Exit button.
- You will see the Windows Setup screen. The left side of the screen, includes the estimated time required to complete the installation, will be visible throughout the setup process. Total time vary from 30 to 60 minutes or more, depending on the speed of your system.
- Read the information presented in the dialog box, then click to Continue.
- Windows 98 will performs a quick survey of your system, prepare the Setup Wizard and asl you to read and consent to the license agreement. Click Next to move on.
- Setup will perform a more through check of your system, including looking for installed components of Windows and making sure you have enough hard disk space to complete the installation.
- A dialog box will ask you if you want the install program to save your previous Windows system files. These files make it possible to uninstall Windows 98 in case you run into trouble, then select Yes.
- The next choice you have to make, for a clean install only, about how much of the operating system you want to install. You can select the default option which is Typical.
- Select the Basic Components to install windows.
- The next dialog box asks you to give your computer a name that will identify it.
- The setup program asks you if you want to create a startup disk so you can boot your computer in case of trouble. Select Yes.
- The setup wizard now needs to restart your computer and finish up.
- After restart, Windows still has a few touches to make. It will detect and setup plug and play services and other possible hardware.