PURPOSE OF ADVERTISING
1. Advertising helps the company introduce new products to the people.
2. Companies provide necessary information about the product.
3. Advertising helps salesmen sell their goods and services.
4. Shopkeepers are encouraged to deal in the advertised products. It helps make decision to buy.
6. Future generation get aware of the products.
7. It helps maintain a contact of the company with its customers.
8. It reminds people to purchase,
9. It imparts knowledge to the reader.
10. Demand is created resulting in the increase of production.
11. Increase in the production brings down the unitary cost of production.
12. Through advertising new generation is prepared to use the goods and services when they come of age, Hence it is future advertising.
13. The consumer is invited to change over to the product advertised.
14. It reminds the consumer not to forget particular brands.
15. The trader is motivated and encouraged to deal in advertised brands.
16. Advertising offers immediate result in the form of increased sales.
17. It is also meant to establish brand and company goodwill among consumers.
18. Advertising is an effective means of maintaining a contact between the company and the consumer.